I don’t care what life you live or how easy you have it, Mondays can be kind of rough no matter what.
And they’re particularly rough when you were up eating fatty fried food and drinking until 10p, watching a football game that you may or may not have cared about. I personally didn’t care, but I digress.
Let’s face it – this particular Monday is an effin struggle and a half.
But on the same token, I hateeee hearing myself complain about Monday and hate when other people do too. Okay yea it’s Monday. So fucking what. You’re alive. You’re breathing. You most likely have a cushy job to wake up for and can pick up that $5 double-shot coffee before heading to the office. Life ain’t that bad.
So I decided to round up some random facts, a little bit of everything, that I hope will make all of us feel better about ourselves, our lives, and our world on this Monday, and help the struggle pass a little faster.
Read on, people. We can do this.
- Somewhere out there, someone is admiring your life and/or probably thinks you’re smoking hot. Believe it. All the stuff you take for granted – your job, your apartment, your love life, your gorgeous eye color, your creativity – someone is admiring it or wishes they had it. Remember that.
- The Beatles included a whistle that is only audible to dogs in their hit song “A Day in the Life.” Can we say precious?
- Vera Wang failed to make the U.S. Olympic figure-skating team in 1968. She then became an editor at Vogue and was passed over for the editor-in-chief position after working for the publication for 17 years. She began designing wedding gowns under her own name at age 40. Boss.
- Wine alone doesn’t make you fat. The calories in alcohol are not metabolized in the same way as calories from carbohydrates, fats or protein. Thank the Lord and all that is Holy.
- 10% of the world’s population is left-handed. So if you’re a lefty and reading this, consider yourself a rare find. 😉
- According to scientists, it rains diamonds on Uranus and Neptune because of the chemical makeup of their respective atmospheres. If that’s not boujie I dk what is…just bring it to Earth please & many thanks.
- Cyber Monday is not the biggest day for online shopping. The title belongs to November 11, or Singles Day, a holiday in China that encourages singles to send themselves gifts. Treat yo’self.
- In one of Fred Astaire’s first screen tests, a Hollywood executive wrote: “Can’t sing. Can’t act. Slightly balding. Can dance a little.” Savage. What’s even more savage is that he went on to become one of the most legendary entertainers of all time. Don’t give up my dears.
- Dogs are not fully color blind. They can also see shades of blue and yellow. Heart melt.
- When awake, the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb.Damn.
So use your electricity wisely, boujies, even on a Monday. Apply it to one beneficial thing for your more cheery Tuesday-self and power through!
And if you have a fact that you particularly resonated with, feel free to let me know in a comment! I love hearing about what stands out to my readers.
Xx – Raele